John and William Keats set up a company manufacturing shoe making machinery on Gaol Road in the 1870s as Keats Bros. & Co. From about 1890 they were operating from the Albion Works on Marston Road. In 1904 the company was renamed Keats & Bexon. In 1916 they moved to a new site on Corporation Street, before closing in 1967.
The factory building was later occupied by Travis Perkins building supplies. They still (in 2011) occupy the site, but the 1916 factory building was demolished in the 1990s.