Vik Supplies Ltd was formed in Stafford in 1912 by Lotus Ltd as the Patent Non-splitting Wood Heel Co Ltd. The name was changed in 1921 to Vik Heels Ltd, and again in 1930 to Vik Supplies Ltd. The company expanded from making soles, toe puffs and wooden heels to manufacturing shoemaking machinery. As it expanded it moved from its original Glover Street factory to premises at the Lotus factory site on Sandon Road.
In 1956 the majority of shares were acquired by Evode Ltd., and by 1958 it had become wholly owned by Evode. The Vik Supplies factory on Sandon Road was destroyed by fire in 1962, resulting in a new factory being built on the Evode site on Common Road.